Well, I've done some research over the years. I've found out all kinds of cool stuff about the wonderful land of Luxembourg.
Allow me to share:
-The people are called Luxembourgers. And there are under a half million Luxembourgers.
-The capitol of Luxembourg is Luxembourg. And it looks like a fantastic city.

-They speak French, German, and Luxembourgish. Apparently, they never write in Luxembourgish, and most official business is done in French.
-Their economy is doing well. They have low unemployment. They have even convinced some internet start-up companies to base themselves there.
-Alcohol, cigarettes, and gas are cheaper there than most places in Europe. So, the people of the surrounding countries flock there for all these things.
-They are a constitutional monarchy ruled by a Grand Duke. I'm thinking this is the job I would like one day. Grand Duke Crippes. It has a nice ring to it.
-Luxembourg is known for its radio and television stations. Awesome.
-They have a volunteer army, and it's now up to around 800 members. It's no wonder that Germany rolled over them.
-As far as I can tell, they've had 7 athletes compete in the Olympics. They've won one gold medal. And I believe only one other silver medal. Hopefully I can become a citizen. Then, I will win a medal for Luxembourg in curling. A girl can dream.
Those are some of the fun things I have learned. If you find this nearly as fascinating as I do, then you can read more. This too. And this.
I think I should move to Luxembourg to connect with my heritage,
Grand Duke Crippes



The opening line of the National Anthem of Luxembourg is, "Where slow you see the Alzella flow, the Sura play wild pranks..."
ReplyDeleteNo clue what it means, but it sounds cool.
Nice piece, Son.
Crippes! I loved this post!
ReplyDeleteI've always wanted to go to Luxembourg. In fact I have said on many occasions that I wished I knew someone from/in Luxembourg to further justify my reasons for going there. Now if I had an official invitation from the Grand Duke Crippes, how could I refuse??
ReplyDelete